Bumble Bee's Craft Den

I enjoy crafting and like to try my hand at different things. If there is anything that you see on here that you would like made, please feel free to contact me bumblebeescraftden@gmail.com or by going to my page on Facebook www.facebook.com/bumblebeescraftden. You can post on the wall or send me a message there. I appreciate any comments that people leave so please feel free to comment!!!

Friday 19 October 2012

Lovely Holidays!!

Oooh it's been a little while since I last blogged.  I was on holiday for 2 weeks in September.  We went to Malaysia and spent 8 nights in Penang at the Golden Sands Shangri La and then 4 nights in Kuala Lumpur in a serviced apartment.  We had a fantastic time although the weather was very hit and miss.

The shopping in Malaysia is fabulous especially in KL where the shopping malls are the biggest and best I have ever seen anywhere in the world.  They are never ending and you could get lost in one for hours!!  This was my 4th time in Kuala Lumpur and it has changed so much since my last visit.



Malaysia is very interesting - as well as the Malaysians, there are also huge Chinese and Indian communites there so you have a mixture of faiths and places of worship. 


I love all of the colours and the detail in the temples.




We ate lots of lovely food but did so much walking that we managed to walk it all off!!  Food prices are very reasonable especially for street food of which there is an abundance!!!



The beach was at the bottom of our hotel which was nice as we could use the loungers in the hotel garden whilst looking out at the sea!!


We had a fabulous view from our apartment in KL - we were on the 17th floor!!


The view by night was even better....







Managed to do some craft shopping as well and my sister stocked up on cake decorating supplies!

A lovely place to escape the bustle of the city is the Butterfly Farm - it is like a little oasis in a huge humid city.

 




If you haven't been to Malaysia then it is worth a visit.  The people there are very easygoing and friendly and go out of their way to help you.  It's very safe to walk around in most places and I can honestly say that in all of my 4 visits there I have never had any problems.  It is very modern but also still has old charm.

Saw this plaque at the Butterfly Farm and loved the sentiment on it.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Found this post interesting??? I'd love to read your comments!!!