Bumble Bee's Craft Den

I enjoy crafting and like to try my hand at different things. If there is anything that you see on here that you would like made, please feel free to contact me bumblebeescraftden@gmail.com or by going to my page on Facebook www.facebook.com/bumblebeescraftden. You can post on the wall or send me a message there. I appreciate any comments that people leave so please feel free to comment!!!

Monday 16 June 2014

Upcycled Shabby Bunting Frame

I started doing this frame weeks back and today finally finished it!

I had already sanded it down and painted it with a gorgeous shade of chalk effect paint called Damsel Chic - it's a sort of vintage pinky purple but a very subtle shade.  I then got stuck on how I wanted to decorate it!  I have some words cut from mdf so had a look through those and chose one that said 'Home' and painted it in the chalky paint - this shade is called Shadow and is a grey/pale blue.  I lightly distressed the frame but not the 'Home' word and I waxed all of it.

The frame started off like this


I toyed with using a handcrafted flower but wasn't 100% happy with how it looked.  So I put it to one side and every so often got it back out to try to think of something that really appealed to me!  This morning I was cutting some of the mini bunting triangles and realised I had some flags that were just right for this frame so I made some bunting across the top of the frame.

This was a much better look than the flower that I was planning to use!  I am really pleased with how it has turned out!


I love bunting and think it looks great anywhere!



The frame is available to buy over on my Facebook page - Bumble Bee's Craft Den for £6 plus p & p or you can email me bumblebeescraftden@gmail.com

Thanks for popping in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Found this post interesting??? I'd love to read your comments!!!