Bumble Bee's Craft Den

I enjoy crafting and like to try my hand at different things. If there is anything that you see on here that you would like made, please feel free to contact me bumblebeescraftden@gmail.com or by going to my page on Facebook www.facebook.com/bumblebeescraftden. You can post on the wall or send me a message there. I appreciate any comments that people leave so please feel free to comment!!!

Tuesday 3 May 2011

Birdcage Card

I'm afraid I haven't been doing much in the way of crafting recently as the weather has been so nice and I have been out and about alot!!!

Here is a card that I made using the fabulous Tim Holtz Bird in a Cage diecut, kindly sent to me by Claire over at What Shall I Make Today  - pop over and see some of her fantastic creations.

This card was made for my brother and his wife for their wedding anniversary.



I coloured the cage using a gold promarker and then I heat embossed it using gold powder with a little bit of black to create a gilded effect.  I then attached some antique gold chain to the bottom of the cage and to the top.  For the bird I used a sponge with pink distress ink and edged it with ink as well.  I then mounted it onto a mat made using Nesties labels 1.  I used papers from a wedding set of papers which I think were from Papermania.  The vine leaves were cut using a Sizzix die and I used some paper roses to decorate.  I also cut out my brother and his wife's intial and stuck this onto the mat to personalise it.  I decided not to use a sentiment as I felt there was enough happening on the card.

I really love this card and think that it is probably one of my best cards!!  It's the first time that I've tried heat embossing as well so I was impressed with that technique and will use it again.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, wow, wow - you totally rocked this card hun! I love it!! I bet your brother and his wife were thrilled with it! Meant to say keep an eye out for the postie ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie this is beautiful, love the embossing on the bird cage :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, love the birdcage

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful, very elegant

    ReplyDelete

Found this post interesting??? I'd love to read your comments!!!