Here's the tin before I did anything to it
So the first thing I did was paint the tin with Gesso to give a texture which would make it easier to stick my patterned paper onto.
I don't get on so well when using Gesso and then putting acrylic paint on top so I avoided doing that!!
I chose some nice paper - mine was 6 x 6 so I had to measure around the tin and join the paper. The paper was from a pad called Life's Journey by K & Co.
After cutting my paper to size, I stuck double sided tape around the tin, pushing it into the rim with my nail to ensure it was stuck properly.
Then I carefully stuck on my paper.
Here it is on the tin - you can see the lace tape on the top and bottom edge on this photo.
Ok - now to add a few flowers! I cut them using the bits of leftover paper using Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die. I brushed them over with some Distress Inks so that they had abit of colour.
I then shaped them with an embossing tool and stuck them together and added some pearl embellishments for the middle of the flower
and stuck them on the tin.
Just the right size for keeping my Sharpies!!!