Bumble Bee's Craft Den

I enjoy crafting and like to try my hand at different things. If there is anything that you see on here that you would like made, please feel free to contact me bumblebeescraftden@gmail.com or by going to my page on Facebook www.facebook.com/bumblebeescraftden. You can post on the wall or send me a message there. I appreciate any comments that people leave so please feel free to comment!!!

Thursday 30 December 2010

Christmas Tree!

I've not posted since before Christmas but have a few things to blog.

Firstly, I hope you all had a fabulous Christmas and received lots of lovely crafting goodies!!!  I also hope that all of your handcrafted gifts were appreciated by the recipients!

We normally put up an artificial tree but I much prefer a real one.  This year my parents were away for Christmas so my sister and I decided we'd go and buy a real tree.  My goodness, haven't the prices shot up this year!!!  I was expecting to get a small one for about £4.99 - shows how long ago it was that I bought a real tree!!!!  We only wanted a small one about 4 and a half foot and in the end we got it from the local forestry place that sets up especially for Christmas.  I told the chap we didn't want to pay much as it would only be up for 2 weeks and was shown the bargain basement area of trees!!!!  He showed us some really sad looking trees and then I spotted one just outside of the area with the top abit broken!  As we would be cutting it abit anyway that was not a problem! We got it for £15 and was told that it is a Fraser Spruce which would be slow to lose it needles.

We had to get new lights as ours wouldn't work but here is the tree all decorated up!!




2 comments:

  1. what a lovely festive looking tree :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab tree & a bargain. I love the smell of a 'real' tree but we don't have one - I usually cut some foliage off my conifer and use an artificial tree. x

    ReplyDelete

Found this post interesting??? I'd love to read your comments!!!