Bumble Bee's Craft Den

I enjoy crafting and like to try my hand at different things. If there is anything that you see on here that you would like made, please feel free to contact me bumblebeescraftden@gmail.com or by going to my page on Facebook www.facebook.com/bumblebeescraftden. You can post on the wall or send me a message there. I appreciate any comments that people leave so please feel free to comment!!!

Saturday 1 November 2014

Halloween Treat Boxes

Hi there - I'm busy sewing and making items to sell at a Christmas Market I am doing.  I took a little time off though to make some Halloween treat boxes for my 2 nieces.  I saw these boxes over on ChicnScratches Youtube channel and couldn't resist having a go!

They are easy to make and you don't need super fancy equipment to make them.  Here are the ones that I made


I popped them into a cello bag and tied it with black ribbon.


I also made a lolly cover for a chocolate lolly



These are very simple to make, just cut your paper to 2 inches x 11 inches and then score at 4 1/2 inches, 5 1/2 inches, 7 1/2 inches and 8 1/2 inches.  Use your bone folder to go over the score lines, they all fold the same way except the last score on the bit where the stick will go through.  You need to punch a small hole to put the stick through. You then stick the top two pieces together.  I used a Stampin Up Scalloped Tag Topper Punch to get the scalloped top and fancy hole but you could use any punch. Pop the lolly in and put the stick through the hole you made. I then tied a small piece of ribbon through the top hole to finish it off.

I've made a batch of these to give out to kids at the Christmas Market as well - obviously Christmas themed though rather than Halloween!!

My nieces were thrilled to receive both of these treat holders!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Found this post interesting??? I'd love to read your comments!!!